Between March 31st and November 23rd, we reported to County health officials 76 confirmed COVID-19 cases for residents and staff.
Mitigating Actions Implemented to Prevent or Reduce the Risk of Transmission
At Affinity Healthcare Center, we implemented the following safety procedures:
- In late February, all personnel at Affinity Healthcare Center received a memo reiterating Infection Control practices (hand hygiene, proper use of PPEs, cough etiquettes, and putting up warning signs for visitors, among others)
- In early March, we created a plan on how to deal with a situation like that in which we now find ourselves in. We are now implementing that plan.
- We began screening all visitors including checking their temperatures during the first week of March.
- We implemented social distancing and a number of other mitigation measures the second week of March, and we began to limit visitors.
- On March 13th, we ended all visitations by family members or friends and implemented the “transition room” policy, which is described below.
- At the same time, we began having calls twice a week with all of the administrators, directors of nursing, an outside MD, and our corporate clinical staff to discuss the best practices and get a good picture of what’s occurring on the ground to provide guidance to those in need.
- All non-essential personnel were asked to work from home on March 16th.
- All residents and personnel are now required to wear masks at all times.
- The ___ County Department of Health completed ___ infectious preventative focus survey(s) and they found no deficiencies in our procedures.